Heated lash curlers have become increasingly popular recently as the design has improved to make them easy to handle and will now fit seamlessly into your makeup bag. They offer a way to curl your lashes quickly and easily and are brilliant to use with false lashes. How many of us have struggled with those clunky metal ones wishing there was a sleeker alternative? Some women are concerned that heated lash curlers may damage their lashes so in this blog, I’ll explore the safety of heated lash curlers, provide tips for using them safely, and offer advice for maintaining healthy lashes.
What are Heated Eyelash Curlers?
Heated lash curlers are similar to traditional curlers but use very gentle heat to curl your lashes. They are also fantastic for false lashes as the heat binds the false lash to your natural lash for a secure 24hr hold. They come in different shapes and sizes, but most have a battery-powered heating element that warms up a pad or clamp. The heat softens the lashes, making them more malleable so that they can be curled easily. The heat also warms the SuperBond and makes it bind to your natural lashes for a seamless lash look.
Are Heated Eyelash Curlers Safe?
Heated lash curlers are completely safe to use if you follow the instructions carefully. Simply keep in mind the following points to avoid damaging your lashes:
- Don't overheat the curler
- Don't use a damaged curler
- Don't use the curler on wet lashes
- Don't use the curler for too long
- Don't use the curler too often
- Clean the lash curler regularly to prevent product build up
How to Use Heated Eyelash Curlers Safely.
Here are some tips for using heated eyelash curlers safely:
- Read the instructions carefully before use
- Choose the right temperature setting for your lashes
- Start at the base of your lashes and hold the curler there for a few seconds
- Move the curler up towards the tips of your lashes and hold it there for a few seconds
- Repeat on the other eye
- Don't apply too much pressure
- Use a mascara wand to separate your lashes after curling
- Clean your curler regularly
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Lashes
Here are some tips for maintaining healthy lashes:
- Avoid pulling or tugging on your lashes
- Remove your makeup before going to bed
- Be gentle when removing your eye makeup
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Use a lash serum or conditioner to promote lash health
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals
- Don't share your makeup with others
The Heated Lash Curler from Hello Dame London can be a great tool for achieving the perfect curl, but its main use is to bind our Invisylash lashes to your natural lash to create a rally secure 24hr hold. Get yours today.